St Wilfrid’s Hospice has outgrown its current building, demands for their services are increasing and the needs of their patients are changing. To meet these changing demands SWH needed to create a new home.
TSP were delighted to win the contract to design a new Hospice built for the next century.
The new Hospice will have
- 18 large fully en-suite rooms with a shower in every room, which will allow for assisted washing and care even for wheelchair bound patients.
- A coffee shop as well as five snug/lounge areas and two quiet rooms.
- Four treatment rooms and a separate fully kitted gym.
- A large Day Hospice, a dedicated art therapy room and access to more private meeting and treatment rooms.
- Improved community services as the two teams will be able to work side by side, ensuring SWH continue to deliver tailored care for patients.
Check out the St Wilfrid’s Hospice website for up to date information on the DREAMBUILDING project.